Service offered at no cost to victims
- 24 hour telephone crisis intervention
- 24 hours a day emergency shelter for victims of family violence
- Advocacy and accompaniment to assist the victim through hospital, police, and court proceedings
- Free individual and group counseling (support and therapy) for victims and their families. Call for dates and times
- Assistance in obtaining needed services for victims including legal, medical, transportation, housing, employment services, etc.
- Public education and professional training on sexual assault and family violence issues.
- Assistance with applying for Crime Victim’s Compensation
What do you do if Family Violence is a problem?
- Collect important papers (or copies); birth certificates, social security cards and drivers license.
- Get a copy of your car key.
- Pack basic clothing for yourself and your children.
- Leave papers and necessities with a neighbor or in another safe place.
- Seek Counseling. Discuss feelings with friends, family, clergy or community counselor.
Family Violence Facts…
- A woman is beaten every 15 seconds.
- 60-80% of the men who abuse grew up in an abusive home.
- Children exposed to family violence often become batterers and victims, thus continuing the cycle of violence.
- FamilyTime provides shelter to victims and their children, counseling to families, and help through the 24-hour helpline.
- The cycle of violence can be broken with professional help and community support.
- FamilyTime provides free counseling to victims of family violence.